Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thankful That 20 Years Ago This Thanksgiving I Met My Birth-Mother



By Troy Newman
Operation Rescue

This is a story I do not share very often. I was placed for adoption by my loving birth-mother over 48 years ago.

I spent my youth wondering and praying for the woman who held me in her womb for 9 months. I vowed that if I ever met her I the first thing I would say would be, "Thank you for giving me life!"

Even at an early age I knew that 1/3 of my generation had been targeted for abortion. Even though I was born before Roe v. Wade, it was common knowledge that a "problem pregnancy" could be "taken care of" for a price.

Thankfully, that never happened to me. I was raised in a God-fearing Catholic home. Then on Thanksgiving Day 1994 my phone rang - it was my birth mother. I kept the promise I made to myself so many years prior. "Thank you for giving me life," I said to her. We both cried tears of joy as we talked for hours.

My mom and I now have a great relationship and I'm still very thankful for her. (Can you see how much we look alike?)

As you know Operation Rescue exists to make sure more babies have moms that will love them, and daddies that will hug them.

Saving babies is my passion. I know it is yours too, and for that I am very thankful for you and your partnership with Operation Rescue.

If you care to make a gift to our life-saving efforts, I would deeply appreciate it, and I will tell my birth mother of your generosity.

Give online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment