Choices Pregnancy Resource Center is hiring part-time speakers to educate youth in Pittsburgh Public Schools, on the subject of healthy relationships. This is a great paid ministry opportunity! For those interested in applying, please contact Real Choices Education Director, Elisabeth Graham:email@example.com
Choices Pregnancy Services
Real Choices Part-Time Educational Speakers
- A Real Choices speaker must be a follower of Christ.
- Dedicated to communicating the conviction that sex is meant only for marriage.
- Teachability: willingness to learn and be taught, and to complete the Real Choices speaker’s training
- They must also have good communication skills
- Heart for reaching young people
- They must have a calling to speak (often identified by a desire)
- Classroom management skills
- Familiarity with technology or willing to learn
- Must use email as a regular form of communication
- They must be mature and able to relate to teens
- Have a respect for Public School personnel
Presenters will attend the Real Choices training and prepare a personal presentation following the guidelines given according to the syllabus.
Presenters will shadow an experienced teacher and then do a presentation with the trainer accompanying them, before being able to “solo.”
Additional opportunities will be provided for continuing education.
All presentations are to be “booked” through Choices Pregnancy Services and the presenter will introduce himself or herself as a representative of Choices.
It is the presenter’s responsibility to drive to the school or group, and bring all the necessary teaching materials with him/her.
It is a requirement that the speaker follow up (text, email, call) with the Educational Coordinator after each school/group.
Each presenter will be asked to have the school teacher or personnel to fill out an evaluation of their presentation and have it mailed back to Choices.
Must have or be willing to apply for:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearances (CY113)
- Pennsylvania Criminal Record Checks (SP4-164)
Elisabeth Graham: firstname.lastname@example.org