Saturday, January 9, 2016

Fertility Awareness? How about Fertility Appreciation?





By Barbara Rose
Friends of Fertility Care Philadlephia

In discussing the work that I do in teaching the Creighton Model FertilityCare System™ (CrMS) people will occasionally tell me that they are familiar with the concept of fertility management or even the idea of fertility awareness. They use terms such as fertility awareness based methods (FAMs) and espouse the many benefits they bring for both the woman and couples who use them. That’s when I correct them and say “Users of the Creighton Model FertilityCare System (CrMS) have an appreciation of their fertility and actually take care of it. They go beyond just simply managing their fertility or being aware of its existence.” Then they look at me as if I have two heads.

I got used to it.

I suppose this strange idea had something to do with my education. Book I: Basic Teaching Skills, second edition, published by the Pope Paul VI Institute Press was required reading for my Creighton Model training. It gives the definition of Fertility Appreciation as “the ability to mutually value, respect and understand one’s fertility. Such a value, respect and understanding should be fundamental to the teaching and use of the natural system of fertility regulation that is taught in this series of educational materials.”

For the record, I did complete the course and passed the exam.

Click here to read more...

The Friends of FertilityCare Philadelphia are a group of health care professionals and members of our community who wish to promote effective, integrated health care for women and couples. To that end, the Friends of FertilityCare are dedicated to making Creighton Model FertilityCare™ services and NaProTechnology known, respected and applied throughout the Greater Philadelphia region. The primary intention of the Friends of FertilityCare is to educate all people in the "good news" of Creighton Model FertilityCare™ System and NaProTechnology.  Use this link for more information about this organization. 


No comments:

Post a Comment