Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Woman’s Motherly Instinct Saves Newborn Baby Boy Abandoned in a Trash Compactor

Trash compactor




By Dave Andrusko
National Right to Life

It was the Friday before Easter–Good Friday–and Paula Andrews and another woman were merely throwing some trash away when they heard a sound.

According to KCPQ-Fox News, Andrews said the other woman actually heard the sound coming from the trash compactor first but thought it was the sound of a baby doll. But Andrews thought something was not just right.

“I just had this motherly instinct,” Andrews told reporters. “I just think…I just think that God was just telling me something. Don’t stop. Keep digging. Find out. Make sure.”

She quickly called 9-11 and then in “her Easter dress and high heels, [she] began digging through the trash,” Fox News’ Tom Yazwinski reported. “Andrews ripped out about 20 full bags of trash and lifted a large microwave to find the newborn boy underneath it, covered in blood with the umbilical cord still attached, but surprisingly alive.” 

Medics checked the baby out and warmed him up before sending him to Providence Regional Medical Center. On Monday, officials said the baby was in very good shape. 

Andrews told Yazwinski that after finding the baby, she was overcome with emotion. “I just kind of fell on my knees and started crying because I could not believe that someone would actually throw a human life away,” she said Monday. “It broke my heart.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment