Monday, September 5, 2016

Care Net President Roland Warren on Being ‘Pro-Abundant Life,’ Pro-Fatherhood


“Marriage is the best societal “glue” we have to connect fathers
to their children – heart to heart – and to the mother
of their children for the long haul. 

By Christina Marie Bennett
Live Action News


I remember the first time I met Roland Warren, President and CEO over Care Net, one of the nations largest networks of pregnancy centers. While attending Care Net’s annual conference I saw him in the hallway and eagerly approached him. To my delight he was engaged, caring and humble. His passion for healthy families, devotion to his Christian faith and zeal for life were evident.

Recently I had my second interaction with him over the phone for this interview. Before our call I was at an inner city health fair working a booth for my pregnancy center. At the fair I met a pregnant young woman who told me she was going to get an abortion or choose adoption. I listened to her story and let her know I’d connect her with an adoption agency. 


When I told Warren about that conversation I sensed his genuine concern for this woman. When I shared that the woman didn’t care about her boyfriend’s desire to keep the baby, he challenged me to consider if that was true in light of the fact that she wasn’t obligated to tell him she was pregnant but did so for some reason.

Warren empathized with this couple because he knows what it’s like to be in their shoes. While students at Princeton University, Roland Warren and his girlfriend Yvette had an unplanned pregnancy. Even though they were offered an abortion, the two decided to parent their child and get married. Yvette finished college, became a doctor and their choice for life impacted the course of their lives.

Roland and Yvette Warren’s Story from Care Net on Video.

Warren is now what he calls “pro-abundant life.” He works to see babies saved and in the last 7 years Care Net centers have recorded 462,089 preborn lives saved from abortion. He believes that saving lives is just the beginning of what it means to be pro-life. 

His desire to be “pro-abundant life” is rooted in a scripture from the Bible (John 10:10) in which Jesus says, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment