From Ted Meehan
Below is a list of activities that could easily be incorporated in every church. Please consider taking on some of these to assist in advancing the Cause of Life. Along with these suggestions, regular witness in front of abortion centers is crucial to saving lives in the short run.
1. Recruit other parishioners into pro-life activities
2. Educate parishioners and other interested people
3. Establish an active and ongoing parish pro-life organization
4. Encourage priests and deacons to preach on issues concerning the sanctity of all human life
5. Contact other parish organizations, provide educational presentations to them, and request that they participate in and/or support pro-life activities, e.g.
A. Parish or Regional School
B. Home and School
C. Senior Citizens
D. Legion of Mary
E. Divine Mercy Cenacles
F. Youth Groups
G. Young Adults
6. Contact Knights of Columbus Councils for participation and support
7. Erect Temporary and/or Permanent Public Displays with a pro-life message, e.g.
A. Memorial Crosses
B. Large sign offering abortion alternatives service with the crisis pregnancy hotline number
C. Monuments and/or statues promoting the sanctity of all human life and/or numbering the victims of abortion
8. Promote pro-life messages through
A. Church Bulletin Announcements
B. Sunday and Daily Mass Prayers of the Faithful
C. Parish website D. other Parish publications
9. Assist with local alternatives services
10. Provide a regular presence at the local abortion chamber
11. Participate in 40 Days For Life campaigns
12. Fund-raise for pro-life activities and/or organizations
13. Promote participation in local, county, state and national pro-life activities
14. Promote contact with local public officials
15. Engage in the Public Square; e.g., letters-to-the editor, contact with local media, etc.
16. Other Summary of Generation Life's possible roles in Parish pro-life activities
1. Church Talks
A. 7th and 8th grade students at the Parish or Regional School
C. Youth Group
D. Parents in the Home and School
Ted Meehan is a long time pro-life warrior who lives in Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
Voices for Life is an e-publication dedicated to informing and educating the public on pro-life and pro-family issues. To read our Mission Statement, use this link. Follow us on Facebook, Google, Pinterest and The Tea Party Community. Help us spread the pro-life message by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.
Pregnant, need help or know someone who does? Help is available. Call 1-800-712-HELP or Text 'HELPLINE' to 313131. If you've had an abortion and are looking for support, please know there are many organizations where you can find help. Call 1-800-5WE-CARE.