Thursday, December 15, 2016

Actress Nicole Scherzinger Was Almost Aborted: Thankfully My Grandparents Were Pro-Life



By Katie Yoder
Life News

At a time when Hollywood gushes over abortion, this actress is one pro-life rebel.

Pussycat Dolls singer and Moana voice Nicole Scherzinger stars as Penny Johnson in ABC’s upcoming Dirty Dancing remake. But the 38-year-old nearly refused the role – because of her stance against abortion.

In the classic 1987 film, actress Cynthia Rhodes originally played the character Penny, who survives a dangerous illegal abortion.

In a recent interview with the Daily Mail, Scherzinger revealed the reasoning behind her pro-life views: she could have been aborted.

“My mum got pregnant with me when she was 17 and had me when she was 18,” Scherzinger admitted. “She chose.”

She credited her grandparents for her birth.

“Her parents were never going to let her have an abortion,” Scherzinger said of her mother. “So I came out, so I just want to you know encourage everybody to keep your babies.”
Her family as a whole, she stressed, stands against abortion.
“I was like a crazy thing because, my family, my Papa’s a Bishop and my family’s really hardcore against abortion,” she said, and that influenced her perspective on playing Penny.
“So I got the role and I almost didn’t take it because I didn’t want to promote abortion,” she added, “because my character has an abortion.”

In the end, she accepted – in order to impact others on the issue. “But I was like,” she explained, “hopefully they can learn from you know her ways and I can be a positive influence.”

To make the decision, Scherzinger, raised Catholic and born in Hawaii, sought the counsel of her family.


Nicole Scherzinger's story continues

Voices for Life is an e-publication dedicated to informing and educating the public on pro-life and pro-family issues. To read our Mission Statement, use this link. Follow us on FacebookGooglePinterest and The Tea Party Community. Help us spread the pro-life message by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.

Pregnant, need help or know someone who does?  


National Hotline: Call 1-800-712-HELP or Text 'HELPLINE' to 313131.
In Southeast Penna:  Call or text 610-626-4006  

 If you are experiencing pain or loss because of an abortion, please know there are many organizations where you can find help. Call 1-800-5WE-CARE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment