Thursday, January 5, 2017

Soldier’s Wife Gives Birth to Quadruplets While Battling Cancer: “We Know God’s Got a Plan For Us”


By Micaiah Bilger
Life News

The new year has brought both joy and heartache to a young Tennessee family.
On Dec. 30, Sgt. Charles Gaytan and his wife, Kayla, welcomed naturally conceived quadruplets into the world, WKRN News 2 reports.

But how long their mother will have with them, doctors are not sure. Before the quadruplets were conceived, Kayla was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, according to the report. The young mother said she went through five months of chemotherapy and was in remission. Not long after that, the couple was overjoyed to learn that they were pregnant.

Here’s more from the report:

Already a mother-of-two, the 29-year-old was excited to tell her husband Charles, a Fort Campbell soldier.
“She called me on the phone, and we’re in a Humvee and I kinda couldn’t really hear her,” recalled Charles. “It was truly some of the best news I’ve ever gotten in my life.”
Over the course of her pregnancy, Kayla said she had no real complications.
“My original goal to make was 34 weeks because I figured if I could beat cancer, surely I could make it to 34 weeks with quads,” Kayla said. “I just kept trying to tell myself that I could do it.”
About a month ago, she again started noticing symptoms of her cancer. A biopsy then confirmed her fear that it had returned.


Voices for Life is an e-publication dedicated to informing and educating the public on pro-life and pro-family issues. To read our Mission Statement, use this link. Follow us on FacebookGoogle, and Pinterest. Help us spread the pro-life message by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.

Pregnant, need help or know someone who does?  


National Hotline: Call 1-800-712-HELP or Text 'HELPLINE' to 313131.
In Southeast Penna:  Call or text 610-626-4006  

 If you are experiencing pain or loss because of an abortion, please know there are many organizations where you can find help. Call 1-800-5WE-CARE. 


No comments:

Post a Comment