Friday, June 30, 2017

This Rape Survivor Chose Life for Her Son. Now He’s 21 Years Old.


By Luke Faulkner
Live Action News

This true story was shared on our Live Action Facebook page by Sharlene, a rape survivor:

I was 15, raped and pregnant. Now, 21 years later, have a happy, healthy 21-year-old son. My son did nothing wrong; he was just as much a victim of the rape as I was.

He didn’t ask for what happened to me anymore than I did. I would never let myself turn from victim into killer; I could never live with myself if I killed a baby — my baby no less. All that mattered to me was he was half mine, and I was going to do everything I could to give him the best life possible.
He is a blessing, not a curse, and he helped me heal from the rape, not relive it every day of my life.
You know what heals? Love is what heals and there is no greater love than that of a mother for her child.
He is my pride and joy. We made it work. Yes, I was scared out of my mind. I was not sure how I was going to finish school and raise a baby, but where there is a will there is a way, and I found all the resources I needed to help me accomplish my goal of being a parent who could provide for my son.
There are lots of resources to help people keep their babies; if they look they can find them, too. Rape babies are just innocent victims, and people think they should be killed when the rapist didn’t even get the death penalty and he was guilty of a crime…


Voices for Life is an e-publication dedicated to informing and educating the public on pro-life and pro-family issues. To read our Mission Statement, use this link.  Follow us on FacebookGoogle, and Pinterest.  Help us spread the pro-life message by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.

Pregnant, need help or know someone who does?  


National Hotline: Call 1-800-712-HELP or Text 'HELPLINE' to 313131.
In Southeast Penna:  Call or text 610-626-4006  

If you or someone you know is suffering after abortion, confidential non-judgmental help is available.  Call Project Rachel's national toll-free number 888-456-HOPE (4673) or visit hopeafterabortion.org.  

No comments:

Post a Comment