Wednesday, July 12, 2017

It “Broke My Heart,” Post-Abortion Father Says


By Sarah Terzo
NationaL Right to Life


The father of an aborted baby speaks out:
“I once fathered a baby by a woman I truly loved in what was the most beautiful experience I have ever had, and of which until that moment I did not think I was capable. I was in fact a soldier at the time and the experience occurred in another country….[she got pregnant]
In the circumstances then prevailing I could not marry the lady but begged for her to have the child, promising to see that it was provided for. She could not see it this way, and had a quick and easy legal abortion.
I considered myself a pretty hard tough man after seven years wartime military service, but to my own astonishment the abortion broke me up, or broke my heart, whichever way you care to look at it, besides filling me with an appalling sense of futility and waste and denial of God’s loving kindness and mercy. This feeling festered in me for many years…”
Mary Kenny Abortion: The Whole Story (London: Quartet Books, 1986) p. 78.

Editor’s note. This appeared at Clinic Quotes and is reposted with permission.




No comments:

Post a Comment