Pregnancy Help News
Starting Tuesday, Jan. 3, a woman seeking help in an unexpected pregnancy can go right next door to what investigators once tabbed a “House of Horrors” to find free life-affirming help, including an ultrasound, baby supplies, peer counseling and more in Philadelphia.
The clinic is operated by AlphaCare, a pro-life organization that has served women in the area since 1981, and marks a substantial milestone for a long-term vision held by the group’s leadership since the arrest and murder trial of abortion practitioner Kermit Gosnell starting in 2011.
For over 30 years leading up to his arrest, Gosnell operated a late-term abortion clinic at 3801 Lancaster Ave. in Philadelphia. His clinic was originally investigated as part of a pill mill probe, but authorities quickly realized the dilapidated and unsanitary conditions of his practice, which led to the botched abortion and death of at least one patient, Karnamaya Mongar.
Additionally, it was discovered that Gosnell had routinely delivered babies alive at his clinic and snipped their spinal cords with scissors, leading to three murder convictions in addition to a manslaughter conviction in Ms. Mongar’s death.
This article continues here
- Pregnancy Tests
- Personal & family problem solving which allows you to earn maternity clothes, baby clothes, baby supplies and equipment
- Adoption Counseling
- Resources for housing during pregnancy
- Assistance in obtaining medical care and information
- Childbirth classes
- Prenatal Education and Support
- Resources to appropriate community and legal services
- Long-term planning for you and your baby
- New Mother’s Classes
- Support for breastfeeding, early care of infants and parenting
- Help in finding vocational training or education
- Compassionate support for special needs of adoption, illness, miscarriage, & post abortion