Sunday, September 3, 2017

Whitney Houston’s ‘Miracle’ Prompts Pregnant Mom to Cancel Planned Parenthood Appointment


By Carole Novielli
Live Action News


Whitney Houston’s song, “Miracle,” was the impetus for a pregnant woman named Wanda to cancel an appointment at Planned Parenthood and later to share her testimony on YouTube. Wanda wrote:

I remember when I first heard this song and saw the video. I was two months pregnant and thinking of terminat[ing] my baby. My life was so jacked up. I thought how can I bring a baby in this world and them in my situation, its innocent.

I prayed all night after calling planned parenthood to schedule and appt. I was in torment because I didn’t want to kill my baby, after praying and still undecided but leaning toward keeping my baby. I walked into my bedroom and this video came on. I had never seen it b4 but the words hooked my heart, nothing should matter not when love grows inside you. the choice is yrs, there’s a miracle in store.

Wow, it was as if God was speaking to me through Whitney. Just then it was as if I could feel my baby say momy dont kill me. It was one of the most powerful moments in my life. I cried like a baby for the rest to the video. Needless to say I kept my miracle. I never got to thank Ms. Houston, but for sure that song and her powerful and deep felt lyrics spoke directly to me. Thank you Whitney for helping me make one of the most wonderful decisions in my life. You are greatly missed by me.

Live Action News reached out to Wanda, and she told us her story. She became pregnant at the age of 27, and like so many other young women, her life was full of struggle. Separated from her husband and fired from her job, Wanda said she found herself forced to move in with her mother. The only thing she thought she had going for her was school, and that looked to be at risk if she carried her baby to term.

Wanda told Live Action News that she was conflicted about what to do, because unfortunately she had a previous abortion in New York at the age of 18. “It was something I never wanted to do again. I had very emotional stress. I had guilt and everything,” she said. 

Wanda described the day she went to the facility for her abortion. She said she was greeted by a group of pro-life people outside and they were carrying pictures of “what an abortion does to the baby.” Wanda said, “That really messed me up. When I was going in that is all I was seeing.”

Wanda was so disturbed by the images that she asked the abortionist if the procedure was going to hurt the baby or cause the baby harm. As expected, his reply was, “No.”


Voices for Life is an e-publication dedicated to informing and educating the public on pro-life and pro-family issues. To read our Mission Statement, use this link.  Follow us on FacebookGoogle, and Pinterest.  Help us spread the pro-life message by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.

Pregnant, need help or know someone who does?  


National Hotline: Call 1-800-712-HELP or Text 'HELPLINE' to 313131.
In Southeast Penna:  Call or text 610-626-4006  

If you or someone you know is suffering after abortion, confidential non-judgmental help is available.  Call Project Rachel's national toll-free number 888-456-HOPE (4673) or visit hopeafterabortion.org.  


No comments:

Post a Comment