Sunday, February 4, 2018

Silent No More: God's Grace Poured Out Onto My Life





Hello, my name is Monica Jordan. When I take a look back at my life, I can see the rippling effects of my every action. Maybe some of you remember my story. I have carried my scarlet letter for all to see. I have shared with you my soul, my regret. I have shared with you the things that are permanently etched in my head. The oven mittens for stirrups, the poster on the ceiling as a focal point, the sound of the machine. 


Feeling alone in the decision, in the pain, and the loss. The loss of life and the loss of my own soul. I have shared with you the darkness that took over and almost conquered my life. My daughter Rebecca would have been 20, my son Esai would be 19, and my daughter Elizabeth would be 17 years old right now.

My every action has caused a shock wave that has greatly impacted my family, living children, and friends. My daughter Alina, and son Devin at 14 and 11 years old respectively, have experienced the loss of siblings. They long for what could have been, and wish I would have been strong enough to have made the choice to choose life. 


My mother shared with me the greatest impact of abortion was dealing with the insurmountable sorrow of losing her grandbabies, however it was nothing to the destruction that her daughter’s life took. My friend who went with me to the abortion clinic for my first abortion shared with me that we were so young, she didn’t know what to think. 

She thought she was trying to be a good friend by helping me. But she sees now that it really effected my life. The trauma is overwhelming, and can come and go when you least expect it. My family, friends, and children have stood by me, through the minefields of the abortion trauma. God’s light, unfailing love, and grace, has poured out onto my life.

I am thankful that I am not alone in the healing process. For me, God guides my path, with each healing God is my healer, and restorer. I pray that within this story, you find some peace, and seek help to begin your own healing journey. I will be praying for all of us, who have been affected by abortion. God bless you all, and this is why I am Silent No MORE!


No comments:

Post a Comment