Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Dear Pro-Lifers: It’s Time to Treat Post-Abortive Women With Compassion

woman, abortion, abortion regret

By Devin Sena
Live Action News


This week I scrolled through comments on social media regarding a story recounting the horrific ordeal of a woman experiencing a botched abortion. The facility’s staff threw her to the street while she was hemorrhaging and begging someone call 911 for help. The comments were callous and inhumane.

“She called 911 for help? Amazing how quickly life became important once it was her own.”
“At least she was able to call for help before dying unlike her baby who couldn’t.”
“Am I supposed to feel bad? Because I don’t.”
Their anger is understandable given that an innocent life was lost to abortion, a unique person with God-given potential was lost during the procedure.

But we must not respond like this. Applauding a second act of violence against a woman dehumanizes her in the same way abortion dehumanizes a child.

Women and their unborn children are targeted by abortion industry giants like Planned Parenthood in order to make money. Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion corporation, calls itself a nonprofit but has over $98.5 million in excess revenue annually.

Former Planned Parenthood officials have explained that the organization rewards employees with “pizza parties” for meeting abortion quotas; they have been exposed refusing to give women accurate information on fetal development in order to get them to agree to an abortion, and have been shown on camera discussing the sale of the aborted baby body parts for profit.


Big abortion exploits women at an incredibly vulnerable moment. Because of that, we should realize that many, many post-abortive women are also injured parties of the abortion industry’s deception.

A study by the Elliot Institute, an organization that studies the impact of abortion on women, shows 64 percent of abortions involved coercion, 79 percent of women were not informed of alternatives, and 67 percent received no counseling beforehand.

The results of that study and these testimonies from post-abortive women show the deception and aftermath of the procedure:
“They told me it would solve my problem and I could go on with my life as if I had never been pregnant. They told me my family didn’t need to know. What they didn’t tell me would haunt me for the rest of my life.”
“After the doctors said, ‘All done,’ my world shattered. I felt my heart crack.”
“I remember that when the abortion finished I cried out so loud, a piercing yell, that startled everybody. Then I cried uncontrollably. It was an awful experience.”
These are cries of oppression, not freedom.

Continue reading article here


Voices for Life is an e-publication dedicated to informing and educating the public on pro-life and pro-family issues. To read our Mission Statement, use this link.  Follow us on FacebookGooglePinterest, and on MeWe.  Help us spread the pro-life message by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.

Pregnant, need help or know someone who does? 


National Hotline: Call 1-800-712-HELP or Text 'HELPLINE' to 313131.

In Southeast Penna:  Call the Community Women's Center at  215-826-8090

If you or someone you know is suffering after abortion, confidential non-judgmental help is available.  Call Project Rachel's national toll-free number 888-456-HOPE (4673) or visit hopeafterabortion.org.   


No comments:

Post a Comment