Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Baby's Breath Newsletter


A Baby’s Breath Briefs





Collegeville Center

By Susan Grant, Director

I joined A Baby’s Breath as a volunteer last November after finding a posting online on Volunteermatch.org.
After meeting Mary Ann McDonnell and a couple of the Collegeville volunteers, I quickly realized I’d found a talented, caring and committed group of people who were dedicated to their mission. Over the past year, I’ve become an Advocate at the Collegeville Center, attended the leadership conference in the spring and as of September, have taken on the Director’s role.

Mary Ann McDonnell, former director, remains a key support as I’m still learning that role.

We don’t always know how much of a difference we make unless our clients come right out and tell us. But there are few instances that stand out to me as clear successes. One is a former client who worked hard to move beyond her crisis situation and who now has offered to “give back” with her time as a volunteer.

continue reading this article as well as others at http://origin.library.constantcontact.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment