Monday, June 23, 2014

Join the #ProlifeYouth tweetfest on June 25



by Claire Lejeune

Ever since I went to my first March For Life when I was four I have been shocked that unborn children are killed. At the age of fourteen, I became aware of how important it is to take action in protecting life. I was able to meet Lila Rose who at the age of fifteen decided to take a step against abortion by going undercover in abortion clinics.

Through this she has been able to close many abortion clinics, save lives, and influence other young people, like myself. I was so struck by the courage and determination of such a young person, that I decided that I had to do something to stop the abortion industry as well.

However, I was intimidated by the idea of stepping out to proclaim my belief and having my peers look down on me. It took me a year and a half to face my fears and not let apprehension control my actions. When I turned sixteen I decided that I had a mission. I needed to show the world that this younger generation is pro-life and willing to fight for the unborn, contrary to what the media shows. In 2012, I started a pro-life Twitter account. This was the start of Prolife Youth.

continue reading at http://liveactionnews.org/

Claire Lejeune is a recent high school graduate. She is currently studying international business at NoVa. She founded Prolife Youth in 2012, a youth-led movement that aims to encourage youth around the world to stand up for their pro-life beliefs. She is trilingual, oldest of eight and passionate about international travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment