Saturday, November 11, 2017

Woman Who Regretted Her Abortion: “No Options Were Presented to Me”


National Right to Life

Katerina, who had an abortion and suffered great emotional pain afterward:

The lady who met me there [at the local Family Planning Service] treated me as rudely as anyone could treat someone; there was no caring or concern in her manner. No options were presented to me. She said I was stupid to get pregnant and as I was 18 and at university she “presumed I wanted an abortion.” 


I remember asking about the difference between local and general anesthetic and she said, “Have [a] local as then you will know what has happened and never make this mistake again.” Her negative and unsupportive attitude is something I will always remember.

I asked her at the time about other options, and she said, “Do you want to finish Uni?” I… I don’t remember making the decision, just that this is what I was expected to do; from the little information I had been told it seemed there would be no support and no future for me if I was to have the child…”

From Melinda Tankard Reist, “Giving Sorrow Words: Women’s Stories of Grief after Abortion,” (Springfield, IL: Acorn Books, 2007), p.32

Editor’s note. This appeared at Clinic Quotes and is reposted with permission.


                                                           
Voices for Life is an e-publication dedicated to informing and educating the public on pro-life and pro-family issues. 

To read our Mission Statement, use this link.  

Follow us on FacebookGoogle, and Pinterest

Help us spread the pro-life message by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.



Pregnant, need help or know someone who does?  

National Hotline: Call 1-800-712-HELP or Text 'HELPLINE' to 313131.
In Southeast Penna:  Call the Community Women's Center at  215-826-8090

If you or someone you know is suffering after abortion, confidential non-judgmental help is available.  Call Project Rachel's national toll-free number 888-456-HOPE (4673) or visit hopeafterabortion.org.  

No comments:

Post a Comment