Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rejecting Abortion: A16-Year-Old’s Selfless Act of Love




LOVE :: {luhv} noun, verb, loved, lov-ing, a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.



I’m one of those people that can throw around that word a lot. LOVE. My husband. My kids. My girl friends. My Embrace Grace mommas. My grandmother. My housekeeper (she’s amazing). “I LOVE YOU!”



January of 2011 began a season that awakened my heart and opened my eyes to a profound level of LOVE that I had never encountered before. This stirring happened from the most unlikely of sources that eventually turned into a friendship that I will treasure forever. Her name was Jayd.



When I met Jayd, she was pregnant with a baby girl. Every time I saw her she would be talking about her baby nonstop with so much enthusiasm. She loved to proudly show off her sonogram photos to anyone that she could. She loved hearing her baby’s heartbeat and talking about her doctor appointments. She updated me on her baby’s growth in utero and how her baby was developing. She always would grab my hands to feel her belly when her baby would kick. She loved throwing out ideas for her baby’s first and middle name and see what her friend’s thoughts were. Her heart was filled with anticipation and excitement just like every momma does during her pregnancy … but her situation was a little different than what you would expect.



Jayd was only 16 years old.

continue reading here 

No comments:

Post a Comment