Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Encouraging Words From Generation Y


By Micaiah Bilger, Education Coordinator
Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation

 Last month felt like celebrating Christmas again here at the office.

Every morning, a new brown paper package or thick envelope arrived at my desk. More surprises waited for me in my email inbox. Soon I had a big stack of these, and I could hardly wait to open them!

These delightful packages and emails contained students' essays for our Pro-Life Essay Contest. We received hundreds of submissions from students all across the state.

As I read them, I felt warmed by the fact that so many students are carrying on the mission to protect the right to life at all stages. 

I was intrigued by the personal stories that the students shared - the joy of seeing a new sibling on an ultrasound screen, the heartbreak of hearing about a friend's secret abortion, or the infuriating suggestion of euthanizing a grandparent. 

Most of all, I felt encouraged by their wisdom about the value of human life. Let me share some of their thoughts with you:

"Life cannot be measured with days and months. Life is Life. When it begins, it begins at conception." - Adriana

"I believe women are strong. Women are strong to give birth and strong enough to live with rejection. I don't, however, think women are strong enough to live with the fact that they couldn't be strong enough to do what their mothers did for them - give the gift of life." - Olivia

"The idea that we do not know or cannot fully understand what is in a pregnant mother's womb is ludicrous. Science supports the fact that the unborn baby is human and thus deserving of legal protection." - Holden

"Someone that is pro-abortion would say that a fetus is not really a baby but is instead just a cluster of cells or a blob of tissue. ... are we not then just larger clusters of cells or bigger blobs of tissue?" - Anthony

Later this spring, we will announce the winners of our student Pro-Life Essay and Oratory Contests. Please keep watching to find out who these talented students are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment