Tuesday, November 11, 2014

PASTOR: I’D GO TO JAIL BEFORE FUNDING ABORTION



by Becky Yeh
Live Action News

On a Sunday morning, congregants fill the campus of Calvary Chapel Chino Hills, a non-denominational evangelical church located in the heart of Southern California. Since the church’s inception, Senior Pastor Jack Hibbs – a strong pro-life proponent – has encouraged his congregation to uphold religious values and fundamental liberties in the public square. Now, the church is opposing a California mandate egregiously imposed on religious institutions across the Golden State. The congregation is challenging a decision by the California Department of Managed Healthcare that forces all employers, including churches, to provide coverage for elective abortions in all health insurance plans.

“I felt violated; I felt forced,” Hibbs said in response to the abortion mandate. “I love America and I love American history, and I have a lot of invested interest in defending the unborn. I see the Constitution under attack, and I see my religious freedom under attack.”

continue reading at http://liveactionnews.org

Becky Yeh has worked as a journalist, social media manager and photographer for various news outlets and nonprofit organizations, including the American Family Association, the Orange County Register, and the Los Angeles Times. Yeh is the co-founder of With Hearts United, a nonprofit organization that utilizes various media platforms to encourage this generation to love God and to respond to a world in need. She is passionate about using new media, journalism and social media for the common good.


No comments:

Post a Comment