Saturday, February 11, 2017

“You Carried Me.” How God Saved Me From a Botched Abortion



By Melissa Ohden
Life News


“You Carried Me”: That’s the title of my memoir, which was released through Plough Publishing House in early 2017.

The title has so many meanings behind it. God has carried me through all of the peaks and valleys of my life. My adoptive parents carried me in their hearts long before they held me in their hands.

And, of course, my birthmother carried me in the womb and later carried me in her heart, believing for three decades that I had died in the saline infusion abortion forced upon her at the age of 19.    


As I recently reflected upon my life, my ministry and my book, I suddenly came to the realization that there’s yet another meaning associated with the title, and it involves everyone in the pro-life and pregnancy help community. I bet you weren’t expecting that, were you?

It hit me like a ton of bricks just a few days after my book was released. Through the selfless efforts of pregnancy help people, there are thousands upon thousands of children who can write a similarly titled book: You Carried Me.


Melissa Ohden story continues

Voices for Life is an e-publication dedicated to informing and educating the public on pro-life and pro-family issues. To read our Mission Statement, use this link. Follow us on FacebookGoogle, and Pinterest. Help us spread the pro-life message by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.

Pregnant, need help or know someone who does?  


National Hotline: Call 1-800-712-HELP or Text 'HELPLINE' to 313131.
In Southeast Penna:  Call or text 610-626-4006  


If you or someone you know is suffering after abortion, confidential non-judgmental help is available.  Call Project Rachel's national toll-free number 888-456-HOPE (4673) or visit hopeafterabortion.org.  

No comments:

Post a Comment