Sunday, December 8, 2013

Could Your Favorite Christmas Carol Save A Baby?




From Eric Scheidler. Executive Director
Pro-Life Action League

I'd like to ask you a quick question:

What is your FAVORITE Christmas carol?

Most people will answer "Silent Night," and I'm one of them (I prefer the original melody, slightly different from that familiar in the English-speaking world -- and easier to sing!)

But after "Silent Night," I'd say my favorite carol is "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear."

There's one phrase in that carol that always stands out to me as a pro-life activist: "ye beneath life's crushing load".

That line makes me think of women so desperate they'd turn to abortion. It makes me think of women struggling to live with the guilt and shame of an abortion in their past.

It's that thought which inspires me every year to bring Christmas carols to Chicago area abortion clinics. And this year, I'd like to invite you to do the same in YOUR town.

I call it the "Empty Manger" Christmas Caroling Day.

Pro-life volunteers gather around an large empty Christmas cr̬che manger -- symbolizing both the hopeful anticipation of a child's birth and the emptiness left behind by abortion Рand sing carols about the Christ child.

Babies have been SAVED from abortion when their mothers heard these carols and were moved by the thought of how Mary said "YES" to being the mother of Jesus.

This will be the 11th year the Pro-Life Action League has held such an event, and every year, more cities and towns across the country have been joining in.

In fact, I've got a packet of resources to help you do that. Get everything you need right here using this link.

Here's what you'll find if you follow the link above:

* An exciting VIDEO of the League's caroling day in action -- see what this pro-life event is all about.

* A comprehensive HOW-TO GUIDE with step-by-step instructions for hosting a successful caroling day.

* Simple BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS for your own "empty manger" to gather around while singing carols.

* An 8-page CAROLING BOOKLET to print out with a selection of carols focusing on the Christ child.


If you decide to host a caroling day, please let me know. And then be sure to send me some pictures or even video clips of your caroling day that I can share on the League website.

I can promise that if you join this moving pro-life witness, your Advent will be more filled with meaning and your Christmas will be more blessed than ever before.


P.S. Here in Chicago we'll be holding our caroling day on December 21 -- the last Saturday before Christmas. That might be a great day for you, too, but whatever day you choose, remember to let me know all about it!

The Pro-Life Action League was founded by Joseph M. Scheidler in 1980 with the aim of saving unborn children through non-violent direct action.





The Pro-Life Action League was founded by Joseph M. Scheidler in 1980 with the aim of saving unborn children through non-violent direct action. - See more at: http://prolifeaction.org/about/#sthash.zhrPj4tC.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment