Thursday, March 29, 2018

Former Abortionist Details the Profound Moment God Enabled Her to Finally Forgive Herself

"I'm just thankful every day that we have a Savior, that He does forgive us and that He can take what the locust has destroyed and restore it. I'm so thankful that He's using me to save babies now when once I used to kill them." 


By Charlene Aaron
Breaking Christian News


Kathi Aultman wanted to be a doctor so she could help women. After receiving her license, she took a side job at a Florida women's clinic to perform abortions.

In an interview with CBN News, Aultman explained:

"It was no question in my mind that a woman should have the right to choose whether she wanted to be pregnant or not, and that was the most important thing. And I didn't consider the fetus in the equation at all."
She went on to become director of a local Planned Parenthood. She said examining the parts of aborted babies fascinated her.

'My Baby Was Wanted. Their Baby Wasn't'

"I was looking at it completely from a scientific standpoint, totally devoid of any emotion," said Aultman. It was amazing and I used to send it, the different parts, down to pathology and in our pathology rotation we would look at the slides and it fascinated me."
She Even Performed Abortions While Pregnant
"I didn't see any problem with that," she commented. "My baby was wanted. Their baby wasn't. It didn't seem to bother the women I was aborting. I saw no contradiction in that, no problem with it.
Aultman said the only time she had qualms about what she was doing was when she worked in the intensive care unit for newborns.

She then found herself trying to save babies who were the same age as those she killed. But she quickly dismissed those thoughts.

Aultman's Thinking Begins to Change

"If she wanted the baby then I did everything I could to give her a happy healthy baby," she said. If she miscarried I would be distraught with her and upset about losing that baby."
After having her first child, the doctor came face to face with three cases that changed her thinking.

One involved a young girl who had three abortions, all performed by Aultman.

"I went to the clinic manager and I said I don't want to do this," Aultman shared. "She's just using abortion as birth control. And they said I didn't have the right to make that decision, that it wasn't a judgment that I should be making and I needed to do the procedure."
During her interview with CBN News, Aultman carefully explained two other scenarios that made her see things differently.
"The next woman came in with a girlfriend and the girlfriend asked, 'do you want to see the tissue?' and she snapped at her and just said, in a really angry voice, 'I don't want to look at it, I just want to kill it!' And I thought, what has this baby ever done to you?" she said.
Justification for Abortion Unravels

She then told of a third woman who had four children. Her husband wanted her to abort their fifth child.
"Her husband didn't feel they could afford another, and she cried the entire time," commented Aultman. "I think the callousness and hostility of the first two compared to the sorrow and the devastation of the third woman—I think that comparison made me understand that just because the child wasn't wanted, that was no longer justification enough for me to do the procedure."
In 1983, after attending a church service and a private meeting with the pastor, Aultman prayed to become a Born-Again Christian. Even so, Aultman says she was still confused, and didn't fully understand who Jesus was.


Voices for Life is an e-publication dedicated to informing and educating the public on pro-life and pro-family issues. To read our Mission Statement, use this link.  Follow us on FacebookGoogle, and Pinterest.  Help us spread the pro-life message by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.

Pregnant, need help or know someone who does?  


National Hotline: Call 1-800-712-HELP or Text 'HELPLINE' to 313131.
In Southeast Penna:  Call the Community Women's Center at  215-826-8090

If you or someone you know is suffering after abortion, confidential non-judgmental help is available.  Call Project Rachel's national toll-free number 888-456-HOPE (4673) or visit hopeafterabortion.org.  



No comments:

Post a Comment