Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Woman Abandoned by Boyfriend Chose Life Because of Her Father’s Love


By Nancy Flanders
Live Action News


Humans of New York features on the street interviews with the people of New York City and other large communities, including a recent focus on the Philippines. Brandon Stanton began Humans of New York as a photography project, and it quickly grew into much more. He recently shared the story of a woman in the Philippines who faced an unplanned pregnancy and chose life.

In the Philippines, abortion is illegal. However, when women facing unplanned pregnancy are alone and no support is provided to them as is here in the United States through pregnancy resource centers, the stress and fear can push them into performing a do-it-yourself abortion. When women are supported, either by pregnancy centers or by family and friends, they are free to happily choose life and celebrate their children no matter what hardships or circumstances they may be facing.

READ: ‘God put me here for a reason,’ says mom who chose life at pregnancy center
“My boyfriend left as soon as I got pregnant,” the woman told Stanton. “I was terrified to tell my father, but he discovered my pregnancy test hidden in a drawer. He didn’t speak to me for a few days. We’d always been close, so I knew something was up. Finally he asked me if I wanted to tell him something. I began to cry. I thought he was going to kick me out of the house.” 
Rather than kick their daughter and preborn grandchild out of the house, her father and mother decided that they would care for them both. Her father prepared meals based on her pregnancy cravings. He began saving money for her child’s delivery. He encouraged her and loved her right when she needed it the most. 

However, tragedy was on the horizon. When she was seven months pregnant, her father became ill after wading through floodwaters. They took him to the hospital where he died while they were away getting clean clothes. The expectant mother was again filled with fear about taking care of her child.
“It was so sudden,” she said. “I had no idea what I was going to do. I got all my strength from my father. It seemed like keeping the baby had been a mistake.”
Times got harder without her father to help her and she ended up dropping out of school. However, she says she is glad she chose life and has no regrets about keeping her baby.


Voices for Life is an e-publication dedicated to informing and educating the public on pro-life and pro-family issues. To read our Mission Statement, use this link.  Follow us on FacebookGoogle, and Pinterest.  Help us spread the pro-life message by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.

Pregnant, need help or know someone who does?  


National Hotline: Call 1-800-712-HELP or Text 'HELPLINE' to 313131.
In Southeast Penna:  Call the Community Women's Center at  215-826-8090

If you or someone you know is suffering after abortion, confidential non-judgmental help is available.  Call Project Rachel's national toll-free number 888-456-HOPE (4673) or visit hopeafterabortion.org.  


No comments:

Post a Comment