Friday, June 21, 2013

Mom, Dad, I’m Pro-life

My coming-out story

by Sierra Champion

The day I “outed” myself to my ultra-liberal family, I was terrified. These are the people who basically tried to bully me into aborting my son (aka, their grandson) back in 2011. Lord knows I love them, but I was seriously considering taking this to the grave.

You’ve got to understand that I’ve always been the person in my family to keep my opinions to myself. Thank goodness I didn’t do that when I found out I was pregnant at 17 years old.

I can date back several family issues that came up where I would nod my head and go to my room to keep from saying what I thought. By that time, my thoughts sounded like screams, and my ears would burn.

It’s very interesting to me that I’ve done this, because my parents have always encouraged my brother and me to speak our minds. And to be fair, sometimes I did. I was in the GSA in high school. I helped lead a peace rally. But should I go against my family’s beliefs?

I know this spiritual transformation I’ve been going through might look completely foreign to members of my family, but really it shouldn’t. They drove me to church, dropped me off, and then picked me up. I loved church. I’ve always loved God. I’ve always loved the messages of Jesus Christ.

continue reading here 

Sierra Champion is 19. She lives in Texas with her husband and 19 month old James. She enjoys singing, baking, writing, and watching nerdy things like Doctor Who. She is the writer of the lucyricardoblog.blogspot.com where she tries to break down the stigma of young mothers! Sierra is passionate about this movement and is ready to see an end to abortion!



No comments:

Post a Comment