Thursday, June 20, 2013

PRIESTS FOR LIFE TELL NANCY PELOSI TO STOP INSULTING CATHOLICISM!






From Father Frank Pavone




I have written an open letter to Nancy Pelosi and thought that you might want to send it to her too. First, let me give you the background.

At a press briefing on June 13, she was asked a question by a reporter. It went as follows: "What is the moral difference between what Dr. Gosnell did to a baby born alive at 23 weeks and aborting her moments before birth?"

Given the fact that the Gosnell case has been national news for months now, and that Congress, where she serves as the consistently pro-abortion House Democratic Leader, was about to have a vote on banning abortion after 20 weeks fetal age, this was a legitimate question.

But she refused to answer it, and proceeded to make a mockery of the Catholic Faith.  "I'm not going to have this conversation with you," she said to the reporter. But it was a simple question, and a profoundly important one. And then, she said the following:

"As a practicing and respectful Catholic, this is sacred ground to me when we talk about this. I don't think it should have anything to do with politics."

Now as I travel around the country, I am constantly asked about Nancy Pelosi. "How does she get away with what she does?" "What is going to be done about her?" "Why doesn't the Church excommunicate her?"

You and I are not in the position to excommunicate her, but we can certainly rebuke her, as Scripture and Catholic faith tell us to do. That's why I wrote the open letter and am inviting you to join me in sending it to her.

The letter is strong and clear, and I'm convinced it expresses the sentiments of tens of millions across our country -- both of those who share the Catholic faith and those who do not.

So please use the link provided to read the text of the letter and to help me bring it to her attention in a way she cannot ignore and will not forget! And please forward this to as many people as you can, to encourage them to do the same.





No comments:

Post a Comment