Thursday, May 31, 2018

The Miracle of Life, as Seen Through the Eyes of Children




By Maria Gallagher, Legislative/PAC Director
Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation 



They came at just the right time.

Work had been bubbling up like a geyser before me, and I was swamped. Just when I was feeling overwhelmed, I saw two small faces peering at me through my office window.

I went outside my office door to investigate and I found them--five young children, accompanied by their pregnant mother. She had come to our office to pick up literature--her boys and girls were there to see our soft-touch fetal models which show the child in the womb at various stages of development.

The children squealed in delight as I handed them each of the fetal models. To say they were excited would be a vast understatement.

Their mother took one of the larger fetal models to compare it with the child growing inside her. It was truly a touching sight.

Seeing the miracle of life through the eyes of these precious children was a tremendous gift. It reawakened my sense of responsibility for educating the public about the sanctity of human life.

I handed each of the children a parting gift--a fetal model to take home with them. They were thrilled.

And I was exuberant, knowing our work to restore protection for innocent life is not in vain.

 
The Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation is a grassroots right-to-life organization with members statewide. As the state affiliate of National Right to Life, PPLF is committed to promoting the dignity and value of human life from conception to natural death and to restoring legal protection for preborn children.  For more information on the Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation, please use this link.



 
Voices for Life is an e-publication dedicated to informing and educating the public on pro-life and pro-family issues. To read our Mission Statement, use this link.  Follow us on FacebookGoogle, and Pinterest.  Help us spread the pro-life message by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.

Pregnant, need help or know someone who does?  


National Hotline: Call 1-800-712-HELP or Text 'HELPLINE' to 313131.
In Southeast Penna:  Call the Community Women's Center at  215-826-8090

If you or someone you know is suffering after abortion, confidential non-judgmental help is available.  Call Project Rachel's national toll-free number 888-456-HOPE (4673) or visit hopeafterabortion.org.  




No comments:

Post a Comment