Thursday, June 14, 2018

"What God Does Here Is Just Jaw-Dropping : Pregnancy Center Ministers to Men Whose Girlfriend or Spouse Want an Abortion

The Center encourages fathers to stand in the gap and fight for the life of their children and their families.


By Charlene Aaron, CBN
Breaking Christian News


Located next to Florida State University, "A Women's Pregnancy Center" in Tallahassee addresses the critical needs of unplanned pregnancies in its community. (Screengrab via CBN News)

It opened in 1985 and its main mission is to rescue babies from abortion. The center offers free pregnancy testing, adoption referrals and ultrasounds.

80% Success Rate

"Eighty percent of our clients will carry their babies to term," said Jamie Brown, the Center's executive director.
Yet babies aren't the only ones saved at the clinic.

A Women's Pregnancy Center also has a ministry for men, which encourages fathers to stand in the gap and fight for the life of their children and their families. Sherri Daume is director of Client Services at the facility.

'A Women's Pregnancy Center' Is There for Men, Too

"We've had men walk in the door and say, 'I need help with my girlfriend' or 'I've got a situation,'" she explained. "'I've gotten a girl pregnant and I don't know how to help her.' Or, 'My girlfriend just called me. She's driving back from Jacksonville. She tried to have an abortion. She couldn't get it. She wants me to get her an abortion in Tallahassee, and I don't know what to do.'"
In the center's "Just for Men" program, trained male counselors work one-on-one with men seeking answers about fatherhood and life…
"We're just trying to bring the men to an understanding of the value of life and the sanctity of life," said counselor Harold Francis.
Abortion Recovery Program

The center also offers an abortion recovery program.

"If they do choose to terminate their pregnancies we know the devastation that will wreak havoc on them the rest of their lives," said Brown. "God wants them to be whole and healthy. He doesn't want them living in shame and guilt with a secret they often will carry."
Francis often relates his personal story about abortion to help others like him.
"My wife and I—we'd only been married about 10 months—we did have an abortion," he shared.
He said he received much-needed healing after completing the course based on Biblical principles.
"I think that I had asked many times for God's forgiveness for what I had done," said Francis. "It opened it up to me that there were issues in my life that I hadn't forgiven myself for which is directly related to the abortion."
Completing the program enables them to counsel other men through their pain. (Screengrab via CBN News)

He said, "I've had guys tell me in that room things that they have never shared with anybody in their entire life. I'm 69 and there's a young African-American in there that's 19 years old and at the end of the session we're both crying and hugging each other."

"We've had fathers go from thinking that abortion is the best thing to then meeting with a male counselor and coming out of that room saying, 'We've got this. You don't have to do this. I'm here for you,'" she explained.


Voices for Life is an e-publication dedicated to informing and educating the public on pro-life and pro-family issues. To read our Mission Statement, use this link.  Follow us on FacebookGoogle, and Pinterest.  Help us spread the pro-life message by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.

Pregnant, need help or know someone who does?  


National Hotline: Call 1-800-712-HELP or Text 'HELPLINE' to 313131.
In Southeast Penna:  Call the Community Women's Center at  215-826-8090

If you or someone you know is suffering after abortion, confidential non-judgmental help is available.  Call Project Rachel's national toll-free number 888-456-HOPE (4673) or visit hopeafterabortion.org.  

No comments:

Post a Comment