There are still signs of Catholic militancy in America. This can be seen in the continuing growth of the pro-life movement and in the rejection of blasphemy and socialism. However, there is still much work to be done.
Those who seek to remove God and His holy law from our society fight on. They do not stop. They are totally committed to their cause and are insatiable for victory.
Abortion murders innocent unborn babies; the institution of the family is weakened by impure customs and threatened by the legalization of homosexual “marriage;” the sexual revolution pervades popular culture especially in television, media, movies, and the internet and is almost co-natural with our culture now.
And now devilish socialism has reared its head and openly and brazenly attacks the Church and those small fragments that remain in our culture of Christian Civilization.
However, the worst consequence of this secularist offensive is the rejection of God. By rejecting God, as a country, we disdain His wise and loving action and we refuse His grace upon our citizens.
And without His grace, how can we survive?
How can our leaders properly govern our nation? From where will they get wisdom and strength to solve the great and complex problems that abound?
Besides the above mentioned moral problems, how can we maintain our treasured national identity, while adopting a just solution for the immigration dilemma? How can we solve our need to become self-sufficient in energy? How can we resolve our economic problems? How can we maintain a wise, strong, and balanced military strategy?
In 1946, Fr. Petrus Pavlicek, after making a pilgrimage to Mariazell, Austria’s principle Marian shrine, heard an interior voice that said: “Do as I say and there will be peace.” To obey this inspiration of Our Lady, Fr. Pevlicek founded the Holy Rosary Crusade of Reparation in 1947. This Crusade consisted of a call to the faithful of Vienna to participate in public rosary processions in the streets of the city. The intention of the rosary was for the end of communism in their country and the world. At first, the processions were miniscule, but they gradually grew to staggering proportions.
In 1955, after eight years of spreading the word about the Crusade throughout Austria, the rosary processions would often have half a million participants – about one tenth of the Austrian population. Finally, through the help of Our Lady, the Soviet forces inexplicably pulled out of Austria in October of 1955.
1. The Miracle of the Sun was public: On October 13, 1917, Our Lady performed a miracle witnessed by 70,000 people, including atheists, communists and anti-Catholics. Some of them converted. The 2015 Public Square Rosary Rallies will remind the person on the street that conversion is possible.
2. Reach fallen away Catholics: According to research, only 28% of Catholics attend Mass in America. The Public Square Rosary is a great way to reach the 72% of non-practicing Catholics, a total of 46 million people. If they see you praying in a public place, they may be moved to become better Catholics.
3. Public prayer gets results: Pro-life Catholics have peacefully prayed the Rosary in front of abortion clinics for decades. The power of their prayer has blunted the advance of abortion. Their public prayers save lives. In fact, recent studies show that abortion clinics are closing at a rate of one per month.
4. Be a Fatima apostle: Our Lord sent the apostles forth to teach all nations. Praying the Rosary in public is an excellent way to introduce others to the Catholic Faith and the Fatima message. “Now no man lighting a candle covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it upon a candlestick, that they who come in may see the light” (St. Luke 8:16).
5. Public sins require public reparation: Our culture openly flaunts sin. You hear it on public airwaves, on primetime TV, on the Internet. Laws favor abortion and same-sex “marriage.” Your Rosary Rally will be a public act of reparation for these sins hurled against the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Your public Rosary will console God. At Fatima, Our Lady said to the children: “You saw hell, where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish devotion to my Immaculate Heart in the world.”
6. Will the media promote Fatima? Never! It’s up to us to promote devotion to Mary “outside the choir.” To pray the Rosary in the public square is a powerful way to promote its recitation. Catholics must not be ashamed of their Faith. “Every one therefore that shall confess me before men, I will also confess him before my Father Who is in heaven” (St. Matthew 10:32). During public Rosary rallies already held, non-Catholics have stopped and asked for Rosaries, wanting to learn how to pray.
7. Public Rosaries in history: At the end of World War II, Communist Soviet troops occupied Vienna, Austria. They refused to leave. Yet, after massive public Rosary processions led by Fr. Petrus Pavlicek, the Communist invaders packed up and left. Large-scale public Rosaries were likewise credited for foiling a Communist takeover in Brazil in 1964. If the Rosary saved these countries, it can save America.
8. Duty to honor God publicly: Secularists have been attempting to drive religion and morality out of the public square. Children in public schools have been suspended, for example, when they pray grace before meals. That cannot continue! Catholics have the duty to oppose the secularist agenda. We openly honor God and respect His rights. The 2014 Public Square Rosary Crusade will make the point.
9. Preparing for Our Lady’s triumph: The Immaculate Heart of Mary will triumph over evil. It is a great privilege to be among those who trust in her triumph and honor her in the public square. Imagine 14,000 Public Square Rosary Rallies. This historic campaign will hasten God’s victory, attract blessings on America, and surely strengthen every Rosary Captain and every rally participant.
10. Public prayer is powerful: In his monumental work, The Secret of the Rosary, Saint Louis Marie de Montfort states: “Public prayer is far more powerful than private prayer to appease the anger of God and call down His mercy, and Holy Mother Church, guided by the Holy Ghost, has always advocated public prayer in times of public tragedy and suffering.”
The essence of Our Lady's message is to open our eyes to the gravity of today's moral corruption, to explain it in light of God's plans, and to outline how to prevent the chastisement. Our Lady is thus teaching us about our epoch and our future.