from Marie Tasyj, Executive Director
New Jersey Right to Life
Please join NJRTL and Disability Groups on Wednesday, June 10th at Princeton University for a protest of Professor Peter Singer. Please see details below.
On April 26, 2015, Singer appeared on "Aaron Klein Investigative Radio," where he said that health care rationing is already happening and then made the case to argue in favor of "non-voluntary euthanasia" for humans who he contends are not capable of understanding the choice between life and death, including "severely disabled infants, and people who through accident, illness, or old age have permanently lost the capacity to understand the issue involved."
As a Professor at a prestigious IVY League University, Singer has been able to push his dangerous ideas which discriminate against the disabled, sick and infirmed. Through this highly visible platform, he is able to influence scores of students who will become our future leaders.
When Princeton University first hired Professor Peter Singer in the 1990's, New Jersey Right to Life joined with Disability Groups then to call on Princeton University officials to rescind the appointment. We are once again joining with these groups to call for Singer's resignation and the public denouncement of these discriminatory comments against the disabled community. To find out more about the protest, use this link.
- Purpose: To stand with the disability community to reject Professor Peter Singer’s advocacy of killing disabled babies.
- When: Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 1:00 p.m.
- Time: Meet at 1:00 p.m. at Palmer Square (by the Unitarian Church). Use this link for map and directions. We will then proceed to Princeton campus with signs. Several leaders of the Disability Community will attempt to meet with Princeton faculty.
No signs with sticks are allowed. This is a law enforcement regulation. You can make your own signs, but please stick to the theme. Some suggestions for phrases on signs are:
- Princeton Must Call for Singer's Resignation
- Singer Says OK to Kill Disabled Children
- Singer Says Save $ by Killing Disabled
- Princeton Must Denounce Singer
- No price on children's lives
- Protect Disabled Children - Remove Peter Singer
- Every life is a life worth living. This includes the disabled
Please join us and invite friends and family and parents of people with disabilities to participate in this event. Let's stand with our Disabled Brothers and Sisters in denouncing the killing of disabled infants.