Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Woman Tries to Run Pro-Life Congressman Off the Road After He Votes to Defund Planned Parenthood

By Micaiah Bilger
Life News

A Tennessee woman is facing felony charges after she allegedly chased a pro-life U.S. Congressman down a highway last week, making him and his staff afraid that they would be forced off the road, according to local police.

Townhall reports the incident involved U.S. Rep. David Kustoff, a pro-life Republican from Tennessee, who recently voted in favor of legislation to repeal and replace Obamacare and defund the abortion chain Planned Parenthood.

The Weakley County Sheriff’s Department told Buzzfeed the woman who was charged, Wendi L. Wright, 35, of Obion County, Tennessee, allegedly was upset with Kustoff for supporting the legislation.

On May 8, Wright allegedly followed Rep. Kustoff in her vehicle as he drove away from a meeting at the University of Tennessee at Martin, according to police. Police said Kustoff and his aide Marianne Dunavant, who also was in the vehicle, were afraid that Wright would force them off the highway.

Police said Kustoff turned off the highway and into the driveway of a person who he knew. They said Wright also pulled off the highway and got out of her vehicle. Police said Wright then began screaming and hitting the windows of Kustoff’s vehicle, and, at one point, reached inside. At another point, police said she stood in front of the vehicle to keep them from leaving.

Sgt. Marty Plunk of the sheriff’s department said an eyewitness told him there also was a “lot of cursing” and they “couldn’t understand a lot of what [Wright] was saying.”

“I’ve been led to believe she was upset over a vote he had cast involving health care,” Plunk said.
Police said they responded to a 911 call at the scene, but Wright had left by the time they arrived. According to authorities, they later found Wright after she posted details about the incident on Facebook.

The sheriff’s department took her into custody, and she was charged with felony reckless endangerment, according to police. She was released after posting $1,000 bond, police said.

No comments:

Post a Comment