Friday, June 3, 2016

Actress Stacey Dash Was on the Table Ready for the Abortion When God Told Her to Get Up



staceydash2

By Micaiah Bilger  
Life News


Stacey Dash is one of the few actresses in Hollywood who is openly pro-life, but there was a time when she did not think that way and almost aborted her son.

Dash is best known for starring in the film “Clueless” and appearing on “CSI”, “Single Ladies” and other TV shows. She also is a Fox News contributor. In a recent interview with People Magazine, Dash revealed how her early life was full of troubles – physical abuse, drugs, suicidal thoughts and more.

“I couldn’t find happiness,” she told the magazine. “It got to a point where I didn’t even want to live anymore. The voice in my head was saying, ‘There’s nothing here for you.’”

Dash said a family acquaintance molested her for the first time when she was just 4 years old. She said she began doing cocaine when she was 16. Then, in her 20s, Dash said she suffered continuous physical abuse from a boyfriend.

Though she eventually escaped the abusive relationship, her feelings of depression and worthlessness followed her. When she became pregnant with her new boyfriend, musician Christopher Williams, Dash said she decided to have an abortion.

“When I got pregnant, I was doing a lot of drugs and I didn’t want to live. I wanted to die. I was going to have an abortion. I was crying and I said to God, ‘Please tell me what to do.’ And God told me, ‘Keep your son.’ I ripped the IV out of my arm and I said, ‘I’m keeping my son.’”


Today, Dash’s son Austin is 25. She said she is honest with her children about the mistakes in her past. “I let them know that I survived,” Dash told People. “I’m not a victim. And there is nothing they can’t overcome.”

Dash said her new book, “There Goes My Social Life”, has more details about her early life and her journey to healing.

The African American actress has been an outspoken advocate for life in the past few years, following in the footsteps of pro-life celebrities like Patricia Heaton and Kelsey Grammer. Last October, Dash came down hard on the abortion giant Planned Parenthood for targeting black women for abortions.


Stacey Dash's story continues here




Voices for the Unborn is an e-publication dedicated to informing and educating the public on pro-life and pro-family issues. To read our Mission Statement, use this link.  You can also follow us on FacebookGoogle, and Pinterest.  Help spread the word by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment