Marie Tasy, Executive Director
New Jersey Right to Life
- On Wednesday, June 8, I will be giving a one-hour Legislative Advocacy Workshop sponsored by the Respect Life Office of the Archdiocese of Newark at 7:30 p.m. at the Newark Archdiocesan Center, 171 Clifton Avenue, Newark, NJ 07104.
- Please plan to attend to learn basic knowledge about the legislative process and acquire effective techniques for communicating with your elected officials about the 20/20 Project and issues of concern to Catholic citizens. Please RSVP by calling 973 493 4350.
- Please mark your calendars for our next 20/20 Legislative Advocacy Day on Thursday, June 27 at the State House in Trenton. More details will be forthcoming.
- Please also mark your calendars for the 20/20 Vision Conference, Saturday, October 1, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Evangel Church, 1251 Terrill Road, Scotch Plains, NJ. (map) For more information, please use this link.
- The NJ Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. You can send a pre-written email message from the legislation page of our website here
- A Resolution to Commemorate Women's Access to Reproductive Health and Celebrate the Anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court Roe v. Wade decision. You can send a pre-written email message from the legislation page of our website here
- As reported previously this bill has been reintroduced in the Assembly and now has 11 sponsors. A Senate bill has yet to be reintroduced. Please contact your legislators and urge them to Vote No on A2451 if it comes up for a vote in the Assembly. You can find your legislators here or here.
Below are a list of Assembly sponsors for A2451 the NJ Physician Assisted Suicide Bill.
- Burzichelli, John J. as Primary Sponsor
- Eustace, Tim as Primary Sponsor
- Danielsen, Joe as Primary Sponsor
- McKeon, John F. as Co-Sponsor
- Mosquera, Gabriela M. as Co-Sponsor
- Spencer, L. Grace as Co-Sponsor
- Diegnan, Patrick J., Jr. as Co-Sponsor
- Jimenez, Angelica M. as Co-Sponsor
- Chaparro, Annette as Co-Sponsor
- Johnson, Gordon M. as Co-Sponsor
- Jasey, Mila M. as Co-Sponsor
- The annual battle over taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood is also in full swing. Please email and call your legislators and tell them to vote no on these two bills. Also call the Governor and thank him for his steadfast commitment in vetoing these bills. Please ask him to continue to veto these bills if they reach his desk. Thank you.
- A3492/S2277, Provides Supplemental appropriaton to DOH for $7,453,000.00 for family planning services.
- A1963/S1017, Provides medicaid coverage for family planning services to individuals with incomes up to 200% of the federal poverty level.