Friday, April 21, 2017

Tomi Lahren Can’t Call Herself Anti-Abortion While Arguing for Abortion


By Cassy Fiano
Live Action News


Last month, controversial Blaze TV pundit Tomi Lahren got herself into some major hot water when she appeared on talk show The View and declared herself “pro-choice.” That in and of itself may not have been too shocking, were it not for the fact that Lahren also smeared conservative pro-lifers as hypocrites.

“I’m pro-choice, and here’s why,” she said. “I am a constitutional, y’know, someone that loves the Constitution. I’m someone that’s for limited government. So I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government but I think the government should decide what women do with their bodies. I can sit here and say that, as a Republican and I can say, you know what, I’m for limited government, so stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well[.]”

The backlash was swift: Lahren was suspended from The Blaze and took her show off the air; she responded by suing the media outfit as well as her boss, Glenn Beck. The Blaze responded in a statement saying, “It is puzzling that an employee who remains under contract (and is still being paid) has sued us for being fired, especially when we continue to comply fully with the terms of our agreement with her.”

Now, Lahren is fighting back. This week she appeared on ABC’s Nightline, where she said that she wanted the freedom to be able to “put my voice out there.” “Without that, I feel lost,” she said of her show on Blaze TV. “When your outlet is taken away from you, when your catharsis is stripped from you and you don’t understand why and you’re so disappointed and you’re so blindsided by it, it hurts.”

Live Action News article continues


No comments:

Post a Comment