Friday, October 12, 2018

She Was an Abortion Activist, Now Sue is a Pro-Life Advocate Glorifying God

“Our God is so big and so good that he not only has forgiven me and washed me clean, but He has turned me around and given me a voice in the [pro-life] movement.”


By Micaiah Bilger
Life News


Sue Swayze Liebel spent two decades as an abortion activist before God completely changed her life.

Now, she works in the pro-life movement as the national pro-life women’s caucus coordinator for the Susan B. Anthony List and vice president for public affairs at Indiana Right to Life. She recently spoke with EWTN Pro-Life Weekly about her conversion experience.

“I was pro-choice, pro-everything, quite on the liberal scale,” she said.
She began working in politics and lobbied for abortion as part of her career. Liebel also said she had an abortion at one point in her life, and it became “a nightmare” that would not go away.

For two decades, Liebel continued her liberal lobbying work. Looking back now, she said she can see how God was preparing her for a big change.

“It was on June 4, 2005, at 10:15 in the morning, the Lord said to me, ‘I’ve given you these skills and talents, and now you’re going to use them for me,’” she remembered.
She said she accepted God’s forgiveness for her abortion and many other things, and became pro-life that day.


Video Player
00:00
00:35


Liebel still is a lobbyist, but now she works to protect unborn babies and help women avoid the pain of abortion that she knows all too well. She said she sees her political work as a mission field.

“I pinch myself every day, I can’t believe that the Lord’s forgiveness is so great,” she told the Catholic news station.
“Our God is so big and so good that he not only has forgiven me and washed me clean, but he has turned me around and given me a voice in the movement.”
Life News article continues here

Voices for Life is an e-publication dedicated to informing and educating the public on pro-life and pro-family issues. To read our Mission Statement, use this link.  Follow us on FacebookGoogle, and Pinterest.  Help us spread the pro-life message by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.

Pregnant, need help or know someone who does?  


National Hotline:
Call 1-800-712-HELP or Text 'HELPLINE' to 313131.

In Southeast Penna:
Call the Community Women's Center at 
215-826-8090


If you or someone you know is suffering after abortion, confidential non-judgmental help is available. Call Project Rachel's national toll-free number 888-456-HOPE (4673) or visit hopeafterabortion.org.  

No comments:

Post a Comment