Thursday, July 16, 2015

Dear Little One


by Judith Alciatore


I hear you calling, Little One
I hear you call my name
What have I done, my Little One
Now I must live in shame


I know your face, Dear Little One
I see you in my dreams
From this sad place I cannot run
My life is tattered at its seams


Your life was dear, and now I see
How selfish was my own dark heart
You’ll always be a part of me
To life’s true ending from its start


I hear you whisper in the night
My tears will flow with each new sigh
How could I think that it was right
Before “ Hello “, I’d said “ Goodbye “


Forgive me please, Dear Little One
My heart is broken so in two
My choice cannot be e’er undone
I took the gift of life from you


I hear you calling, Little One
Forever in my mind you’ll stay
I beg for mercy ‘neath the setting sun
Perhaps we’ll meet one lovely Day



Here are a few links for those who have had or been affected by abortion in any way.

Rachel's Vineyard  - This program is an opportunity to examine your abortion experience, identify the ways that the loss has impacted you in the past and present, and helps to acknowledge any unresolved feelings that many individuals struggle with after abortion. Because of the emotional numbness and secrecy that often surrounds an abortion experience, conflicting emotions both during and after the event may remain unresolved. These buried feelings can surface later and may be symptoms of post abortion trauma.

National Office of Post Abortion Reconciliation and Healing  - Founded in 1990, the National Office of Post-Abortion Reconciliation and Healing, Inc. networks researchers and psychotherapeutic professionals working in the field within the U.S. and abroad, consults on the formation of post-abortion support services within secular and religious settings including Project Rachel, provides training for care providers, maintains a national "800" referral line for those seeking assistance in reconciling an abortion experience, publishes the International Post-Abortion Support Services Directory, produces and vends audio, video, and printed materials, maintains an annotated book list, tracks support group models, and sponsors the Healing Vision conference at Marquette University.

Healing Vision is the only international conference on abortion's aftermath and its resolution.

Ramah International One of the initial goals of Ramah International when we began our work in 1997 was to help post-abortive individuals find God's healing so they would be empowered to share their abortion testimony with others - particularly, the abortion-minded. This mission is outlined in Revelations 12:11 (NIV), They overcame him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb (Jesus) and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

Judith Alciatore is a life-long cradle Catholic. She first joined 40 Days for Life while living in Iowa; and also joined the local RTL group there. 

Since moving back home to Texas, Judy has continued as a member of 40 Days for Life. She has prayed in front of the local abortion mill, and has written several pro-life poems, which God has freely given her, and which she freely shares. 

Judy states that if one life is saved by any of these poems, then they have served God's Purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment