From Eric Scheidler, Executive Director
Pro-Life Action League
In 2008, I organized an ecumenical "Way of the Cross for Victims of Abortion" for the first time at the massive Planned Parenthood facility in Aurora, Illinois. It was so successful that I began inviting other pro-lifers to host their own Good Friday vigils.
Last year, 45 cities coast-to-coast took part -- nearly double the previous year -- and I'm eager to see this solemn prayer vigil continue to grow this year. That's where YOU can help.
Would you consider hosting a "Way of the Cross" at an abortion facility in your community?
You can learn more about this solemn event -- and watch a 2-minute video with footage from the Good Friday service in Aurora over the years -- right here.
At that link you'll also find:
- A complete "Way of the Cross" BOOKLET to print out;
- A SAMPLE EMAIL to invite all your contacts to join you;
- A BULLETIN ANNOUNCEMENT to spread the word at area churches;
- A PRESS RELEASE to encourage local media coverage; and
- Complete INSTRUCTIONS for hosting a successful vigil.
If your answer is YES, please send me the NAME OF THE CLINIC, the STREET ADDRESS and the EXACT TIME of your service. Then I can add it to the official list online.
Having hosted this moving "Way of the Cross" for so many years, I can promise you there's no better way to enter into the mystery of the Cross during Holy Week.
About the Pro-Life Action League
The Pro-Life Action League was founded by Joseph M. Scheidler in 1980 with the aim of saving unborn children through non-violent direct action.
We are doing all we can to stop the killing and the exploitation. Some of our key activities are:
- Abortion Clinic Presence
- Public Protest
- Confronting the Abortionists
- Promoting and Defending Activism
- Broadcasting the Pro-Life Message
- Youth Outreach
For more information on the Pro-Life Action League, use this link.