Monday, August 22, 2016

The Profound Agony of Miscarriage





by Constance T. Hull
Catholic Exchange 


I am writing this article because I know that I am not alone. I know that even in the midst of my deep grief and agony, there are others like me. I have just lost my fourth child to miscarriage. I don’t have profound spiritual insight to offer right now. Even though I am a student theologian, I won’t be offering theological explanations today. That will come later when the pain is less acute. For now, the pain, sorrow, and intense suffering must run its course. I want to explain the agony of miscarriage. 

First, this is to minister to those who suffer with me, and second, it is to explain that a miscarriage is the loss of a child; something that needs to be explained to a culture that has dehumanized unborn babies.



Constance T. Hull is a wife, mother, homeschooler, online high school theology teacher, and a graduate student. She is pursuing her Master's degree in Theology and considers herself to be a Thomist wanna-be. Her desire is to live the wonder so passionately preached in the works of G.K. Chesterton and to share that with her daughter and others. While you can frequently find her head inside of a great work of theology or philosophy, she considers her husband and daughter to be her greatest teachers. She is passionate about beauty, holiness, the Sacraments, theology, philosophy, and Catholic Culture. She also blogs regularly at Swimming the Depths. You can reach her at constance.t.hull81@gmail.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment